Mark Rippetoe probably doesn’t need an introduction for many of you. The author of “Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training” and “Practical Programming for Strength Training” has been training athletes for 40+ years.
Mark is as well-know for his strong opinions as he is for his expertise and he shares them on this episode.
– Why you need to train, and not exercise.
– What popular programs masquerade as training but are really just exercise (fellow Crossfitters I’m looking at you).
– The difference between training and a performance.
– Why doing anything more than 5 reps of anything is pretty much useless.
– Why strength training will accomplish your goals.
It was a really fun conversation and I just scratched the surface of what I wanted to cover. Time flew so I hope we can have him back on to plunge down the rabbit hole of strength and conditioning.
Follow Mark on Instagram @startingstrength.
For demo videos, articles and seminar dates, his website is Startingstrength.com
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @thesquadroom.
If you got something out of this episode, please consider leaving a review in iTunes or the podcast player of your choice. You can tell a friend about the show too.