If you work in police work or corrections and you haven’t thrown out your back at work, you might consider yourself lucky. If you happen to do that, and then immediately suffer a serious bout of the stomach flu, then you might be me.
It’s been a long month…
In this episode, we go deep on some heavy topics.
– Traver reinforces the fact that you need a team.
– “It’s always going to be something” and why you’ll never be free of resistance and obstacles. So how do we deal with them?
– Traver’s response to my excuses.
– Is Facebook killing your fitness and other time management lies we tell ourselves.
– What benefit do you get from avoidance? (hint: there are real tangible benefits you probably don’t realize)
– Why achieving your goal might be more terrifying than the fear of living an unhappy life.
– The gifts of abstinence and the lies we tell ourselves and others about alcohol.
I’ve also been publishing a series of blog posts on “Turning Pro,” (part 1, part 2)something I tried to achieve last year but failed at miserably. I’m trying again, inspired by Steven Pressfield’s trilogy of books, which are fantastic, and highly inspiring. They are easy and fast reads – probably a day or two for each.
It’s a great episode and we go deep into some heavy topics. If you’re enjoying the show, please leave a review!